Applications extended for PZJA committee members
The Australian Fisheries Management Authority (AFMA), on behalf of the Protected Zone Joint Authority (PZJA), has extended the application period for Chairs, Scientific Members and Industry members for the various PZJA consultative forums. Applications can now be submitted until close of business Wednesday 11th May.
The appointments will be from 1 July 2022 until 30 June 2025, for the positions listed below:
- Finfish Working Group - Chair, 2 Scientific Members (socio-economic expertise welcome), 1 Scientific Permanent Observer & 1 Industry Permanent Observer
- Finfish Resource Assessment Group - Chair, 3 Scientific Members & 1 Industry Permanent Observer
- Hand Collectables Working Group - Chair & 2 Scientific Members (socio-economic expertise welcome)
- Tropical Rock Lobster Working Group - Chair, 1 Scientific Member, 1 Scientific Member (economics expertise) & 3 Industry Members
- Tropical Rock Lobster Resource Assessment Group – Chair, 2 Scientific Members & 2 Industry Members
- Torres Strait Scientific Advisory Committee – Chair & 4 Scientific Members (socio-economic expertise welcome)
- Torres Strait Prawn Management Advisory Committee – Chair, 5 Industry Members & 1 Scientific Member.
Please note that all Traditional Inhabitant Industry Members for PZJA forums were selected through a separate process and have been appointed until 31 June 2022.
For more information on the roles and responsibilities of Chairs, Scientific and Industry Members, and Permanent Observers please see the PZJA Fisheries Management Paper 1.
How do I apply for MAC, WG or RAG membership?
To be considered for industry positions on any of the MACs, WGs or RAGs please submit a written expression of interest (no more than one page) specifying which MACs, WGs and/or RAGs you are applying for and outlining your relevant experience and/or qualifications.
For all other positions, please submit your curriculum vitae and a brief cover note summarising your relevant experience, qualifications and reason for your application. Please specify in your application which MACs, WGs and/or RAGs you are applying for.
How do I submit my application?
Expressions of interest need to be submitted to the AFMA before close of business Wednesday 11 May, 2022 and can be submitted by post, email or facsimile:
Post: Elissa Mastroianni
Fisheries Management Branch
Australian Fisheries Management Authority
PO Box 7051
CANBERRA BC ACT 2610
Or email: PZJA.secretariat [at] afma.gov.au (subject: PZJA%20Consultative%20Forum%20membership%20(via%20NRMjobs))
Please contact Steve Hall on (02) 6225 5341 or email Steve.Hall [at] afma.gov.au if you require further information about the role of MAC, WG and RAG members and the selection process.