PZJA Out of Session Decisions 6 May 2013
The PZJA AGREE to approve the Torres Strait Finfish Fishery Management Plan 2013 for determination.
The PZJA NOTE:
- That extensive consultation has been conducted in developing the draft Finfish Fishery Management Plan (the Plan).
- That the Finfish Fishery Working Group, the Torres Strait Fisheries Management Advisory Committee, and PZJA agency officers have reviewed the Plan and agreed to recommend it be released for public comment.
- That appropriate community consultation has been undertaken by PZJA agency officers leading up to and during the public comment period.
- That the Finfish Fishery Working Group and the Torres Strait Fisheries Management Advisory Committee agreed that AFMA adequately addressed the submissions from the public comment period and have endorsed the Plan with no amendments.
- That the PZJA Standing Committee has endorsed the Plan with no amendments.