Tropical Rock Lobster Catch Watch Report - May update
- The sustainable catch limit for this season is 190,650 kg, pending final agreement with PNG.
- The total reported catch to date is 167,301 kg or 88% of the catch limit.
- AFMA is investigating outstanding catch disposal records, estimated to total 20,000 kg.
- Based on these estimates, the remaining catch available is likely to be 5,000 kg.
- AFMA will advise fishers and the community with further information as soon as practical.
- Appropriate compliance action will be taken where fishers and/or fish receivers have breached reporting requirements.
- The TRL Fishery will be closed when the sustainable catch limit is caught.
|Month||Reported catch (kg) 17 May 2018†|
|Dec - 2017||14,787|
|Jan - 2018||13,050|
|Feb - 2018||60,040|
|Mar - 2018||43,728|
|Apr - 2018||31,700|
|May - 2018*||3,996|
*The May catch report figure includes data reported up to 23 May 2018.
† The landed catch figures are sourced from catch disposal records (TDB02). There are a number of records currently outstanding, causing under-reporting. The landed catch figures do not include any unreported catch.
Need more information?
Call the AFMA Thursday Island Office 07 4069 1990