All personal information collected by the Protected Zone Joint Authority (PZJA) is protected by the Privacy Act 1988. Information on the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988 can be found on the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
When you visit our website, the PZJA makes a record of your visit and logs the following information for statistical purposes:
- the user's server (IP) address and machine name
- the date and time of your visit to the site
- the previous site you have visited
- the type of browser you are using
- the pages accessed and documents downloaded, and
- the number of bytes transmitted and received for each request.
This information does not identify you personally, nor do we track information about individuals and their visits. The data listed above is collected for the following purposes:
- website and system administration
- enhancement of the website to meet user needs, and
- research and development.
No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities except in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect server logs. The statistics and log files may be preserved indefinitely and used at any time and in any way necessary to prevent security breaches and to ensure the integrity of the information supplied by PZJA.
Collection of personal information
Personal information collected by us, for example by email or by use of an online form, will only:
- be collected by lawful and fair means
- be used for lawful purposes
- be collected with your consent, and
- be used for the purpose it is collected
Use of information collected
If you email us:
- We will only record your email address if you send us a message
- Your email address will only be used for the purpose for which you provide it
- Your email address will not be added to a mailing list unless requested by you
- We will not disclose your email address without your consent
You need to be aware of inherent risks associated with the transmission of information via the Internet. If you do not wish to use the Internet there are alternative methods for PZJA to provide information to you such as normal mail, telephone and fax facilities. Once PZJA receives information from you via email or any other means, the information is in a secure environment. Your personal information will not be released unless the law permits it or your permission is granted. If you have further questions regarding our privacy guidelines please contact us either directly on (07) 4069 1990 or via our email to FisheriesTI@afma.gov.au.
Links to other sites