Have your say: Developmental Permit for Training Purposes (Training Permit) Policy
Three weeks left to comment on the Developmental Permits for Training Purposes Draft Policy.
A summary of the Draft Policy is now available below, the summary is a breakdown of the draft policy to assist you in providing feedback to the TSRA.
Please contact the TSRA Fisheries Programme on (07) 4069 0700 or firstname.lastname@example.org before 29 February 2020 to provide your feedback.
In April 2019 the Protected Zone Joint Authority (PZJA) agreed to develop a new policy to provide guidance to the PZJA when granting Developmental Permits for training purposes. These permits provide an opportunity for Traditional Inhabitant Boat (TIB) licensed vessels to engage non-traditional inhabitants on their vessels to provide training or advice in relation to fishing techniques.
The PZJA have now released the draft Developmental Permit for Training Purposes (Training Permit) Policy for public consultation closing 29 February 2020.
The draft policy can be accessed here:
- View the draft policy in PDF
- View the draft policy Word
- Developmental Permits Policy Summary (PDF)
- PZJA Application for Developmental Permits for Training Purposes (PDF)
You are able to provide feedback through the following methods:
- Phone – call the TSRA Fisheries Programme on 07 4069 0700 or 0448 044 979
- Email – email feedback to email@example.com
- Written feedback – PO Box 261, Thursday Island, QLD 4875 Attention TSRA Fisheries
- Face to face – make an appointment to discuss feedback with the TSRA Fisheries Programme at the Torres Haus Office on Thursday Island
Below are links to optional feedback forms to assist in providing written submissions.