The draft Torres Strait Fishery (Quotas for Tropical Rock Lobster (Kaiar)) Management Plan 2016 (the Plan) was open for public comment from 28 September to 31 October 2016.
At the request of PBC Chairpersons, AFMA undertook public meetings at each Torres Strait and Northern Peninsula Community to explain the purpose and provisions of the draft Plan.
You can review a copy of the draft plan, associated documents and the comments received below:
- Letter_stakeholders_TRL Management Plan 2016
- TRL draft Management Plan 2016
- Frequently Asked Questions - TRL Management Plan
- FAQ_Att A - Section by section index Tropical Rock Lobster Plan
- Enclosure to Att A - Tropical Rock Lobster catch history verification policy
- FAQ_Att B - Existing management arrangements and expected changes
- Media release - Call for comment on draft Tropical Rock Lobster Management Plan
- Torres Strait Regional Authority's comments on the draft Tropical Rock Lobster Management Plan
Submissions received during public comment period
Publication of this material is made in response to the requirement to seek and give consideration to public comment, prior to making and registering this proposed legislative instrument.
The publication has, for reasons of transparency, been unedited and is not an endorsement or adoption by AFMA, the PZJA or any other body of the views, alleged facts or opinions expressed by the authors of any published submission.
- TRL Management Plan submission - Kenneth McKenzie
- TRL Management Plan submission - Phil Hughes
- TRL Management Plan submission - Raymond Moore
- TRL Management Plan submission - Luke Dillion
- TRL Management Plan submission - Torres Strait Fishers Association
- TRL Management Plan submission - Malu Lamar
- TRL Management Plan submission - Traditional Owners from Mabuiag
- TRL Management Plan submission - Torres Strait Seafood Pty Ltd